|You are here: Home - News - Abingdon Town Boss Quits and Hits Out at the Club|
|Abingdon Town Boss Quits and Hits Out at the Club|
|Monday 30 December 19 I 09:29:29|
Town manager Tranell Richardson resigned after the game and has issued the following statement:
“First things first. I would like to apologise to Abingdon United, supporters and the Hellenic League.
“I have been working at the club that really do not know how to conduct themselves as a semi-professional club. It has become unbearable for myself and my team.
“The result was against us massively and this was by no way the reason for my team returning to play the second half.
“We had someone from the club appear and comments made regarding my team before they left, to come back at the end of the match to collect the kit.
“At half-time, the team made a decision not to return to the playing field as they felt unsupported and undervalued by those higher in the club.
“As manager of these lads, I completely supported their decision.
“They went into the home dressing room after I had spoken to the Abingdon United physio, shook hands and informed them that they would not be returning to the field for the second half.
“I asked for help on many occasions and nothing was provided. Here are some of the issues.”
1. We haven’t been able to train for the last three months – reason given: “we are saving the pitch for cup finals at the end of the season”. I have asked for alternative facilities to train and this was turned down and I was asked to pay out of my own pocket. This was really when I started to question who this club belongs to.
2. When we have taken ourselves to away matches with no help from the club, myself or other members of the team have had to collect the kit, balls, etc., as no-one from the club would be attending to bring the kit to the match.
3. The chairman has attended at the most three matches this season as his time is taken up refereeing games at this level or the division above. He did attend one match and stayed for 20 minutes in his car and then left because it was raining. I really had to question his desire for his club.
4. My chairman and all involved at the club have proved that they are not true to their word as promises that were made at the time of my appointment have not been kept.
5. I have had to assemble the best I could with our resources, eg., expenses for my players. I have a lot of my squad come from other towns and they have had to use their own money to get us to games. This has been a massive burden on myself and my players. It`s this lack of effort and commitment from persons higher in the club that have made my position untenable.
6. We have played clubs where my players have been subject to racial abuse and when reported, my club have taken no action.
“I have reached out for assistance from the club many times over the months but received nothing in return. Saturday`s comments and attitude from others at the club was the final straw. I just couldn`t see how we could move forward with all this negativity being dumped at myself and the players` feet.
“It may be bad timing and the way it was dealt with.
“I wish all who are at the club the best of luck for the future.
“My deepest apologies again to Abingdon United, supporters and the Hellenic League”.
|Copyright Non League Today. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to the Non League Today website as the source and a link back to the Non League Today website.|
|Around the leagues|
|The National League read all the latest news from the National League|
|Evo-Stik Northern Premier League latest headlines|
|Evo-Stik Southern League latest headlines|
|The Isthmian League latest headlines|
|Hallmark Security North West Counties League latest headlines|